Ossa Asian Style Ribs
Try this slow cooked ribs recipe for an easy to make, all natural and hearty meal that is sure to become a family favourite!Using The Tallow to baste the meat adds a nutritional boost of grass fed fat, high in vitamin A & K and adds the perfect crisp coating to this twist on classic ribs.
- Roasting Tray
- 2 racks Organic Pastured Pork Ribs
- 1-2 tsp Whole kernels Chinese five spice Crush to fine powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Ossa The Tallow Heat to soften
- 2-3 Organic carrots Thick cut
- 2 Organic red onions Quartered
- 2 Organic Courgettes Thick Sliced
- 1 tbsp Fermented Fish Sauce Optional
- 1 tsp Star Anise
- 1 bulb Organic Garlic Cut off lid as in photo
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place the racks of ribs face up on a roasting tray
- Melt the tallow in a small saucepan until soft
- Gently massage the softened tallow into the ribs
- Sprinkle the crushed five spice, the salt and the star anise over the ribs (back and front).
- (Optional) Trickle the fish sauce over the ribs for added umami flavour
- Place the cut vegetables and chunks of whole garlic gloves around the ribs, adding any remaining tallow on top of the vegetables
- Heat in oven for 60 – 80 minutes (ribs are much tastier when they are slow cooked, so if possible leave for two hours at 150 degrees).
Once cooked, the ribs should be very tender, easy to cut, or even tear apart no knife needed! Serve immediately while still nice and hot, season with cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Enjoy :-)
Do you have a favourite recipe using our products? Get in touch and share it with us!
Subscribe to our newsletterGet Paleo and Gluten-Free Recipes direct to your inbox