Ossa Asian Style Ribs
- Roasting Tray
- 2 racks Organic Pastured Pork Ribs
- 1-2 tsp Whole kernels Chinese five spice Crush to fine powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Ossa The Tallow Heat to soften
- 2-3 Organic carrots Thick cut
- 2 Organic red onions Quartered
- 2 Organic Courgettes Thick Sliced
- 1 tbsp Fermented Fish Sauce Optional
- 1 tsp Star Anise
- 1 bulb Organic Garlic Cut off lid as in photo
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place the racks of ribs face up on a roasting tray
- Melt the tallow in a small saucepan until soft
- Gently massage the softened tallow into the ribs
- Sprinkle the crushed five spice, the salt and the star anise over the ribs (back and front).
- (Optional) Trickle the fish sauce over the ribs for added umami flavour
- Place the cut vegetables and chunks of whole garlic gloves around the ribs, adding any remaining tallow on top of the vegetables
- Heat in oven for 60 – 80 minutes (ribs are much tastier when they are slow cooked, so if possible leave for two hours at 150 degrees).
Do you have a favourite recipe using our products? Get in touch and share it with us!