A big thank-you to Ossa Organic for this month’s guest recipe post:
Ossa Asian Style Ribs.
Try this slow cooked ribs recipe for an easy to make, all natural and hearty meal that is sure to become a family favourite!
(Here we’ve used courgettes, carrots and onions to make this meal low carb and keto friendly, but you can use any of your favourites).
Time needed: 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place the racks of ribs face up on a roasting tray
- Melt the tallow in a small saucepan until soft
- Gently massage the softened tallow into the ribs
- Sprinkle the crushed five spice, the salt and the star anise over the ribs (back and front).
- (Optional) Trickle the fish sauce over the ribs for added umami flavour
- Place the cut vegetables and chunks of whole garlic gloves around the ribs, adding any remaining tallow on top of the vegetables
- Heat in oven for 60 – 80 minutes (ribs are much tastier when they are slow cooked, so if possible leave for two hours at 150 degrees).
Once cooked, the ribs should be very tender, easy to cut, or even tear apart no knife needed!
Serve immediately while still nice and hot, season with cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get healthy recipes and special offers direct to your inbox!