Garlic Herb Crusted Rump Roast Recipe
This garlic herb crusted rump roast recipe should feed 4-6 people.
Prep time = 15 minutes
Cooking time = 2 hours
For the ultimate roast, pick a 100% organic grass-fed beef joint.
- 1kg Organic Grass-Fed Rump Roasting Joint
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt/Rock Salt
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Sage
- Dried Parsley
- Combine all of the recipe ingredients (except the rump roast) in a small bowl and mix together until well combined. We’ve left the exact quantities up to you. Anywhere from 1-4 tsp of each will work, depending on your personal taste
- Rub the mixture all over the beef roast, coating evenly on all sides.
- Place the rump in a roasting dish, and put in the oven preheated to 160C for between 1 hour 15 mins for medium rare to 1 hour 45 mins for medium well-done.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 mins before serving.
Top Tip: For a perfectly cooked roasting joint, invest in a meat thermometer. This takes the guesswork out of cooking the perfect joint. 60C will ensure your meat is still bright pink in the middle, 70C light brown but still moist and tender.
Gluten-Free Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
The perfect side to this beef rump roast recipe, this classic sauce is quick and easy to make but will make your guests feel like they are fine dining!
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh cracked black pepper corns
- 1 tbsp Ossa Organic Double Concentrate Beef Broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Dash of Whiskey or Brandy
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter/ghee until soft.
- Add the peppercorns and gently toast until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream, beef broth concentrate and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened.
We like to serve our garlic and herb crusted beef rump roast with peppercorn sauce with steamed cruciferous vegetables, baby carrots and roast sweet potatoes.
Let us know how it went!
If you try this recipe, we’d love to hear how it turned out.
Let us know via email at email@example.com or say hello to us on twitter: